I turned 38 yesterday. It’s not a hallmark birthday in any way but I witnessed a humorous interpretation of “Dance of Doom” from the Lego Ninjago Movie performed by 3-7 year olds wearing giftwrap, and spent a couple days with my family down the beautiful Oregon Coast, and that is nothing to sneeze at. Thank you to my husband Steve for that. 🙂
For this appropriately lazy post I am offering up my favorite quick tahini dressing with live cultures. I put it on everything and dip everything yummy in it. And so should you.
- 3/4 cup stirred tahini
- 1/4 cup non-chlorinated water (if you like it thick like a dip, more if you like it to run like a dressing)
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/4 cup cultured juice from fermented onions
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup Apple Cider Vinegar with the Mother
- 2-3 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2-3 teaspoons pink salt, according to taste
- black pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients for the tahini dressing in a medium to large bowl and either whisk until smooth or mix with an immersion blender. I like to use these Oxo Chef Squeeze Bottles for all my homemade condiments. They allow you to put out an even line so are great for making pretty much everything… well, pretty.